Empower College Prep is seeking Part Time School Bus Drivers for the 2023-2024 School Year. Our drivers operate our buses along assigned routes and on special activity trips as well as pick up and drop off students at designated bus stops and schools. Our full time positions also provide our drivers with opportunities for positive interactions with our staff and students on campus in between bus route times. The full-time position is eligible for benefits on the 1st of the month after 30 days of employment.
Empower College Prep began in 2012 with a commitment to be a movement of teachers and staff partnering with parents to transform the educational and life opportunities of their children and to empower these children to transform their community, their country, and their world.
In 2020, we sent our first graduating class of students to college, expanded to serve grades K-2, and welcomed more than 800 students onto a new, $20 million campus on the I-17 just north of Camelback.
The key to our success is highly effective, highly committed staff who are passionate about their jobs and their students and families we serve in our community. We would love to have you join our team!
Essential Functions School Bus Driver:
- Drives a bus along routes and special activity trips. Picks-up and drops-off students at designated bus stops and schools
- Inspects buses for safety and proper operation.
- Fuel buses.
- Monitors and assists with maintaining the behavior, safety, and medical needs of students on the school bus.
- Cleans and sterilizes buses.
- Communicates regularly with parents, supervisors, school staff, co-workers, and students.
- Completes all required paperwork to include route changes, mileage reports, and student counts.
- Supports the relationship between Empower College Prep and the public by demonstrating courteous and professional behavior when interacting with students, parents, visitors, and school staff; maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, client records, and school information; follows Governing Board Policies; performs all other related duties as required or assigned.
- Possess a Commercial Driver’s License, Class ‘B’ with a ‘P’ endorsement, and an Arizona School Bus Driver’s Certificate
- IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Experience in supervision of personnel
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of mechanical aspects of school buses and fleet maintenance
- Knowledge of school bus routing and scheduling
NOTE: The District may waive or amend the above qualifications, as it deems appropriate.
$500 signing bonus
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $25.00 – $29.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Attendance bonus
- Bonus opportunities
- Safety bonus
- Signing bonus
- Supplemental income
- Do you currently have an active or inactive School Bus Certificate Endorsement?
- Do you have a valid (IVP – Identity Verified Print) AZ DPS Fingerprint Card?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Actual School Bus Route driving: 1 year (Required)
- CDL (Required)
- Arizona Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: In person
Empower College Prep began in 2012 with a commitment to be a movement of teachers partnering with parents to transform the educational and life opportunities of their children; and to empower these children to transform their community, their country, and their world. In 2020, we sent our first graduating class of students to college, expanded to serve grades K-2, and welcomed more than 800 students onto a new, $20 million campus on the I-17 just north of Camelback.
Over the past two years, Empower College Prep has continued to exceed the state and national average for college enrollment despite poverty and the worldwide pandemic. Now, the Charter School is preparing to add preschool and codify its Pre-K – 12 program to ensure consistency and excellence on its Colter campus and additional campuses in future years. The key to our success is a highly effective, highly committed staff who love their jobs, their colleagues, and their students.