Empower College Prep’s open enrollment policies state the following:
- The Arizona Residency Documentation is included as part of the school enrollment packet. A.R.S.§15-802(B).
- The enrollment packet includes the Military Student Identifier as required by the Every Student Succeeds Act.
- Parents and legal guardians are not required to provide documentation, other than residency documentation and basic information (such as name and date of birth) in order to complete their enrollment. A.R.S. §15-184(A).
- Parents and legal guardians are provided 30 days from the date of enrollment to provide proof of identity and age and are given written notice of such of such requirement and all documents that may be submitted and accepted including, but not limited to, a certified birth certificate. A.R.S. §15-828(A).
- The charter school shall enroll all eligible pupils that submit a timely application and shall not deny a student admission unless the number of applications exceeds the capacity or the student has a prior or pending expulsion from another school. A.R.S. §§15-184(A), 15-184(E) and 15-184(I).
- The charter school is the entity responsible for requesting all student records from the enrolling student’s previous school and must do so within five school days after enrollment. The parents or legal guardians are not required to submit the student’s prior record as a condition of enrollment, registration, or attendance. A.R.S. §15-828(G).
- Parents or legal guardians are required to submit documentary proof of immunization, or evidence of a statutory exemption, prior to attendance but shall not be required to submit such documentation or exemption prior to, or as a condition of, enrollment. A.R.S. §§ 15-872 and 15- 873.
- The parents or guardians have been notified of the requirements and options for providing documentary proof of immunization including, but not limited to, an immunization record. A.R.S. §15-872(C).